Re: Great list facilities - new list just started

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Great list facilities - new list just started
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 06:08:04 +0000
wizardz wrote:

> and now today as many as four copies of the same message all in a row
> at the same time.

Paul,

It appears that there is either a problem with your provider, your mail
client or even your subscription to the list, but there does NOT appear
to be a problem with the list.  You may be jumping to conclusions a bit
too quickly.

Just ask the list.

How possibly (technically) can a list-wide fault selectively choose you
and not me.  I do not receive duplicates (and others have said the
same).  Generally I work on the fact that if there is such a problem
then EVERYONE would be screaming about it.  I hear no such noise and I
think you should be seeking to rectify YOUR problem with the list
(wherever it lies).

I understand how annoying such a problem would be  My general mail load
is about 150 items of mail a day (work and social) so doubling a portion
of this would really bug me, but a knee-jerk reaction could make it even
more difficult and time-consuming for you.

I am not aiming any nastiness at you but I deal with customers all day
who have problems and immediately blame their service provider.  99.9%
of the time it is a simple configuration fault at their end (or some
other outside disturbance).  As I said, if they are the only one
mentioning the fault then I rarely look any further.

Eric
'68MGB MkII