Re: Great list facilities - new list just started

To: "wizardz" <wizardz@maxinter.net>
Subject: Re: Great list facilities - new list just started
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 20:37:52

Paul,

Next time you get "duplicates" turn on the full headers (in Eudora it's the
blah blah blah button), and carefully inspect them to see where they're
delivered.  It's possible that somewhere along the line you got subscribed
twice, either with two names that resolve to the same address, or to two
different addresses that you check.

Look at the top for something received from triumph.cs.utah.edu and
delivered to your ISP, for such-and-such an account.  Do the accounts
differ between the "duplicates"?  If so, then you're on twice.

If you're only getting duplicates of messages that you yourself post, check
if you have a "reply to all" feature that copies you back on your postings.
 Finally, also double-check that someone hasn't included you specifically
when replying (causing you to both receive the list message and the
individual message).

- Tab
'78 B
New Hampshire

http://www.teglerizer.com/mgstuff/ob_description.htm
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/spit80.htm
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/spit78.htm
>Greene - 1972 Round Wheel arch MG Midget in the works
>email: wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com

him a chance!  My service has been impeccable - I only get duplicates when
people reply to me AND the list on my own questions!