Re: Steering Wheel Question

To: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Steering Wheel Question
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@toad.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 20:36:45 -0400
'Grant' steering wheels (avail from Pep Boys Auto Parts here on the East
coast)
have a removable hub system for theft prevention.
You replace the stock hub with special collar that has a lever on the side
flip the lever and the wheel pops off. The system is designed to then
place a cover over the end and lock it in place.
...can't drive away if the steering wheel isn't there and you can't
place a set of vise grips on the column because its hidden under the
steel cover plate.

Paul Tegler
1973 MGBGT - daily driver
 http://www.teglerizer.com/mgstuff/ob_description.htm
1980 Spitfire - in re-hab
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/spit80.htm
1978 Spitfire - in superb Shape
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/spit78.htm
1973 Round wheel arch wire wheel Midget in the works

wizardz@toad.net     http://www.teglerizer.com