Re: Steering Wheel Question

To: "Thomas James Pokrefke, III" <pokrefke@netdoor.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Steering Wheel Question
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 18:08:47 -0700
On Wed, Oct 20, 1999 at 06:59:29PM -0500, Thomas James Pokrefke, III wrote:
> Has anyone considered replacing the nut that holds the steering wheel in
> place with a cotter key or locking pin?
>
> When I needed to get out of the car, I could remove the pin, slide the
> wheel of the splines, and get out without having to knock my knees.

You could consider going to a racing supply store and get a quickrelease
steering wheel hub, which is what racers use to get in and out of
cars where there isn't room for both them and a steering wheel.

--
 Rome did not create a great empire by having meetings; they did it by
killing all those who opposed them.