Re: Steering Wheel Question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Steering Wheel Question
From: REwald9535@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 23:17:48 EDT
In a message dated 10/21/99 5:23:11 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
grunt2@adelphia.net writes:

> Try the racing setup.Don't know where to get one but NASCars
>  have removable wheels for entering and exiting. Carl E.
Any good racing supply house can set you up if you are dead set on this.
However not is all sweetness and light.  To install a quick release you will
have to cut the steering shaft and have a new end welded on. (hex not
splined) then you will have to use a different wheel (the factory one won't
work)  I would expect that you will have interference problems with the turn
signal switch and on a late model possible problems with the ignition switch.
 All in all I think I would go with a smaller wheel.
$.02
Rick Ewald