Re: Fingertight Malcolm

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fingertight Malcolm
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 09:43:06 +0000
Because I encouraged them to join this list, I will not name any names
but a 'Fingertight Malcom' (sorry to all Malcolms, everywhere) must be
awarded to the guys who had to pull the engine from a 'B days before a
race last weekend.  Not right out, but just a lift to get at some bits
and pieces inaccessible otherwise.

After four racing laps the driver comes in because his temperature guage
is heading for the red line.

Yep, they used a rear bolt to lift the block and hadn't tightened it
down afterwards.  A little bit of racing pressure and she blew all her
water out the back end of the head.  A torque wrench (and a little more
water) later she was back on the track and doing well.

No reports to date of permanent damage (warping, etc.)... but I worry
about the long term prognosis.

Eric
'68MGB MkII