RE: Greetings and MGB clutch trouble

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Greetings and MGB clutch trouble
From: Ryan Watson <rswatson@nyx.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 08:01:17 -0600 (MDT)
You people are the best :-)
Three diagnoses in only a few hours! And all in agreement.
The clutch is shot! Certainly consistent with my observations.
Specifically the throwout bearings.
I guess I should consider myself lucky as this is the first major probem
the car has had since I got it 13 years ago (plenty of minor problems,
though :-)
Should I attempt to limp home (7 or 8 miles)with it (as Andrew did)?
How hard will this be to fix myself? I do have something in my garage I
could hoist the engine from. Larry seemed to imply that this was the
biggest obstacle.
About how much should the parts cost? Altenatively, how  much should I pay
to have someone else do it?

Thanks again for the help!
Cheers,
Ryan
PS: the car is at the I-225+Parker road park-n-ride and home is approx.
Colorado and Colfax

On Sun, 24 Oct 1999, Larry Hoy wrote:
> Hi Ryan, I am the Westminster guy Andrew referred to.
> Sound's like your clutch is shot.  Something broke inside.
> If so you will  probably have to pull the engine to fix it.
> If you would like you can give me a call.
-snip-