Re: cleaning water drain tube

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: cleaning water drain tube
From: John Walker <john@rmartin.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 14:07:51 -0700
Hey Ted,

On my '74 B the hole for the top of the drain tube is about 1/2"
in diameter and is located in the bottom of the air box just on
the passanger side of all of those baffles and junk in the center.
It is visable from the top.  When I initially cleaned mine, it was
so full of crud it was difficult to even see it.  To allow mine to
drain more freely I elected to cut the tip off of the ball at the
end of my drain hose.

Hope this helps.

-JW

At 10:26 AM 10/30/99 -0700, Ted Stowe wrote:
>question:
>
>I was looking for the top of the water drain tube, where I lift off the top
>vent in front of the windshield.
>I had thought that I could see the top of the tube and clean it by pushing
>something down throught it.
>
>however is it in the middle ? (77), on the driver's side I have a few lumps
>of some kind of body putty, (been there awhile and I don't want to remove it
>just to see. but I don't see any drain, the stuff in the middle prevents
>that.
>
>is this observation normal ?
>
>thanks, Ted.

John Walker