Re: MGA Twinkie question

To: "James H. Nazarian" <microdoc@apk.net>
Subject: Re: MGA Twinkie question
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 04:47:38 -0600
James H. Nazarian wrote:

> I remember watching the Minis race at Lime Rock and Bridgehampton. I never
>could
> understand how such a diminutive car with such a tiny engine could kick butt
>so
> decisively. Why, I've seen them beat some Porsches that were pretty hot. To
>me the
> best part of Mini races was to guess which way, side to side or front to
>back, they
> would roll if things got a bit too out of control. then the driver would get
>out of
> the car, flip it over onto its tires, and go right back out to embarrass more
>big
> iron.

Made me grin until my cheeks hurt.  ;)

Yes! that's definitely what Minis are all about.

The Victor is similar in some ways. People expect it to perform like a
t-series.  ;)

It's a really hopped-up MGB.  It's pretty funny to pit either car
against a Camaro or Corvette or Japanesemobile. Not that the wee beasts
can always win the sprint, but that they terrifiy the competition by
what they *can* do.  :)

-Rock
--
Rocky, JJ Cale Band & Pratchett Books: http://www.rocky-frisco.com