RE: clutch bleed

To: Enrique Claure <spaninc@ceibo.entelnet.bo>
Subject: RE: clutch bleed
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 16:39:02 -0800
Enrique:

        This is a suggestion that I did not see scroll by, and a problem I
have run into.  When the slave cylinder ships, the bleed screw is normally
threaded into the incorrect port.  This, I guess is to prevent the screw
from punching holes in the box during shipment.  Make sure that the bleed
screw is threaded into the hole that is uppermost.  That, if I recall
correctly is the side hole.  If it is not, then air will remain trapped, as
the bleed hole is not to the top.
        I have run into this a number of times, people pull the unit out of
the box and slap it on the car figuring that it is correct.

good luck

Kelvin.