Re: clutch bleed

To: spaninc@ceibo.entelnet.bo, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: clutch bleed
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 10:26:17 EST
In a message dated 11/3/99 6:12:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
spaninc@ceibo.entelnet.bo writes:

<< Hi folks, thanks for all the smart and not so smart responses (like, read
 the manual!) I think that runing a tube from the nipple to the MC lid and
 pumping the daylights out of the pedal will eventually remove the air
 bubbles. I will use all the advise. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Enrique, if you mean recycling the fluid by running the tube from the bleed
screw on the slave back to the MC reservoir, I don't recommend that.  The
problem is that when you pump the pedal, it puts very small bubbles in the
fluid.  Pumping the bubbles back into the system won't solve anything.  The
little bubbles will coalesce (big word!) back into big bubbles.

It is never a good idea to reuse brake fluid anyway.  You risk getting dirt
into the system.

I used an Ezybleed thing.  Hook it up, fill the bottle, and just open the
bleed screw until no air comes out.  It worked great the first time, and
there is no pumping the reservoir dry like you can do when using conventional
methods.

Just my 2 cents.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward