Re: Not entirely off subject... but close.

To: microdoc@apk.net
Subject: Re: Not entirely off subject... but close.
From: richard.arnold@juno.com
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 16:15:19 -0600
Jim:

If you have a "Save as Text File" function in Netscape (I've never used
it, and so don't know), you could save each message as a text file to a
specific folder, then use the Windows "Find" function to look for a
specific text string (Start, Find, Files or Folders) in that folder.
Double-clicking on the results will bring up the file in "Notepad."

Unfortunately, this won't allow you to conduct a boolean search (for
example, clutch OR master cylinder AND fluid") but will let you get
close.  I think there's a way to use MS Access to sort text files, but it
would probably be more of a PITA than warranted.  If you're selective in
the files you save (not saving repeated info), and clean your files out
regularly, it should be workable.  Of course, there's always the list
archives, but I'm sure this has been pointed out already.

Luck!

Rich