Re: tranny bolts

To: Dan Terlizzi <dt37@umail.umd.edu>
Subject: Re: tranny bolts
From: Larry Dickstein <bugide@tfs.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 18:59:33 -0600
Dan Terlizzi wrote:

> Hello--
>
> I just completed (almost) my first major mechanical adventure on my
> 1972 MGB. I installed a new tranny with an overdrive and was surprised
> to find that the easiest part of the job was removing and reinstalling
> the engine/trans. The toughest part was bolting the tranny to the
> supports on the crossmember and after hours of flailing away I have
> only installed two of the bolts. Can any of you offer any tips on how
> to do this more efficiently?

Yep, it's easy.  The next time the crossmemeber is out drill small holes
in it that will allow you to use a 1/4" drive socket to put it together.
If you only have two bolts in, it would still save you time to take them
back out, drill the access holes, and put the whole thing back together in
10 minutes.

--
Larry Dickstein
Lone Jack, MO