Re: Problem starting

To: "James Nazarian Jr" <James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Problem starting
From: "British Sportscar Center" <mgpa@calweb.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 13:51:36 -0800
James,

Your "feathering the pedal" effectively partially opens your throttle. The
fact that you have to do this tells me your fast-idle link to the choke is
not adjusted properly.

Your "one pump halfway" does nothing but exercise the ligaments in your
ankle. There is no accelerator pump on SU carburetors so the movement of the
pedal just moves a cable that opens a throttle plate.

Still, I guess exercise for the right ankle is good - it helps keep that one
as limber as the one that operates the clutch...........

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center