Re: Battery Tiedown

To: "Skye Poier" <skye@ffwd.com>, "MG Nuts" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Battery Tiedown
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 13:11:03 -0000
Both my 73 roadster (dual 6v) and 75 V8 (single 12v) have holes in the
battery box for clamp kits.  I had to buy clamp kits for both the cars when
I first bought them as both had bungee cords.  On the roadster I had to put
an S-shaped kink in all the rods to make them short enough, and on the V8 I
have just replaced the battery with one that is slightly larger in both
physical size and capacity.  The clamp bars were too short to go in their
original holes (which pulled on the battery diagonally), but I found two
more which would work, albeit the bars are now vertical instead of diagonal.

PaulH.