Re: Imported British Autos

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Imported British Autos
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 11:21:34 EST
In a message dated 01/01/2000 6:27:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
k8vo@flyingbeers.org writes:

<< >Looking it up, I see the Cricket was a badge-engineered Hillman Avenger,
 >marketed from 1971-73. The others were Mitsubishis.

 Actually, I think that the Arrow was a badge engineered Sunbeam Alpine...
 Chrysler bought out Rootes in the mid 60's (hence the Cricket/Avenger.)  I
 recall seeing an Arrow "parked" next to one these Alpines at a local
 boneyard about 20 years ago.  Being familiar with the series I-V Alpines and
 the Tiger, I was surprised to see it badged as an Alpine GT, and according
 to the paint on the windscreen, it was a 1969 model.  I also recall seeing
 photos of this car in one of my Sunbeam books, but can't find it right now.

Nope.  The Plymouth Arrow was made by Mitsubishi.  The hi-performance model,
called the Fire Arrow can still be seen running performance rallies and
autocross.

Allen Hefner
Philly Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport (Not an Arrow)