Re: Tyre Pressures, again

To: "Eric" <eric@erickson.on.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tyre Pressures, again
From: "David Hill" <davhill@cwcom.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 22:17:45 -0000
Hi, Eric, thanks for the reply...

> OK... if you are looking for a soft ride then maybe I am not the person
> to talk to.  With V8 suspension and 7/8 front sway bar (soon with rear
> sway bar to complement:-) I am looking for handling.  I enjoy the
> feeling of my eyeballs rattling around in my head.....

I'm not looking for a soft ride as in boulevard but I like the fillings in
my teeth to stay put (ask any former TVR owner).

> I tried upping the pressure in my A509's to 35 front and similar or
> slightly higher rear as an experiment ....found the pressures
> dangerously high and it felt like I was sliding around the corners on
> ice.  But iwas also nasty if they we warm and below 30lbs.

MGB on ice? More like tiptoes at those pressures.

> I aim for 30 front and 33/35 rear WARM.

Correct me if I'm wrong but 28/30 cold might not be so far away when the
tyres heat up.

> I went low profile to get away from sidewall flex :-)

I went low profile 'cos there's a brand new set of Contis on the car. In the
UK, that's big money :-))

Dave H.

David Hill/Psychomotor
Can I Telework for you? Try...