My B is cursed

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: My B is cursed
From: "Derek Vandivere" <dersk@usa.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 12:09:22 +0100
So, I got a tire slashed the weekend before having new tires put on, and two
of the new tires have gone flat (I'm beginning to suspect that Garage MG in
Amsterdam doesn't know how to mount tires correctly). But that's not the
worst of it.

Amsterdam air is at a relatively constant 134% humidity (approximately),
which obviously has a bad effect on the wiring. But when I tried to start
the 78B the other day, nothing happened until I took the key OUT, at which
point the starter engaged. After getting out of the car and waving a dead
chicken about, I replaced the key and was able to start the car just fine
Now it won't start at all - the clock is running, but stops when I turn the
key to the start position. Nothing else, no solenoid click, no nothing.
Other than check all the fuses, clean the fuse connections, I guess my only
recourse is to pull out a voltmeter and have at it. Oh, well, I wanted to
learn on this car. It'd be nice if SOMETHING <expletive deleted> worked,
though.

                                - dersk, 78B

And my bike got stolen yesterday - it's not been my weekend. Waah. Sorry to
vent...

  _____
Derek Vandivere
The Big Picture BV
Internet Strategy Consultants

The Twinning Center | Kruislaan 400 | 1098 SM  Amsterdam | The Netherlands
(p) +31 (629) 065 528 | (f) +31 (20) 882 4476 | (fun)
<http://www.bones.org/dersk>