Re: My B is cursed

To: Derek Vandivere <dersk@usa.net>
Subject: Re: My B is cursed
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 14:41:13 -0800
Word on the street is that Derek Vandivere said:
> But when I tried to start
> the 78B the other day, nothing happened until I took the key OUT, at which
> point the starter engaged.

Ah ha!!  I *know* I have seen this problem described somwhere; but for the
life of me I can't remember where or what the solution was.  It may have
been part of John Twist's tips; go to www.universitymotorsltd.com and
call John during the "tech hours".  I'm sure he would know.

I believe it had something to do with some sort of safety gizmo or diode
in the cockpit... maybe to do with the handbrake?  Totally unrelated
component, but when faulty would cause the car to turn over when the key
was removed.

At least, I think I remember.  Maybe I'm getting confused and it was
some late-model MGB problem where the car would start when you pulled
up the handbrake.

Sorry I can't be more helpful...

Skye

--
1966 MGB - GHN3L     Safety Fast!             __,__\__
The MGB Experience   http://www.mgb.bc.ca/   (_o____o_)