Re: '71 B, still no start

To: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Subject: Re: '71 B, still no start
From: Frank Krajewski <frankk@intap.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 11:57:54 -0500
Bob & Craig:
It is also not uncommon to install the distributor gear drive 180 degrees
off. Check to make certain the large offset is in the proper position. If
cylinder #1 is at tdc and the rotor is pointing at #4 then it would be the
distributor gear off by 180 degrees. Be carful in removing it not to drop it
into the pan. There is a threaded hole in the center of the gear between the
offsets and the perfect removal tool is one of the 4 long bolts that are used
to hold the air cleaners in place on CB MGBs.
Frank "Swamp Yankee" Krajewski