Re: Bugger!

To: eric@erickson.on.net
Subject: Re: Bugger!
From: "M. Edwin Vaughan" <edvaughan@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 11:32:40 -0600
On Thu, 17 Feb 2000 00:39:42 +0610 Eric <eric@erickson.on.net> writes:

>A very nasty rattling (that changes with revs) coming from the front
>of the engine.  I haven't had any time (it *is* late and I am very
tired) to
>check it out... but it sounds... awful.

My alternator would makes noise when idling. Sounded like two samurai
going at it under my hood. Took off the alternator and determined that
the shaft was bent. Then I just bent the vanes a little so they wouldn't
hit the casing. Oh, did I mention, my alternator was a rebuilt unit only
about a year old too!

Edwin
'77 B

"I try to think but nuthin' happens."