Bugger!

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bugger!
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 23:39:19 +0000
Great,

the racing season starts for me on March 19 - so what do I hear
emanating from my little yellow beastie as I pull in late tonight?

Well, I am hoping that it is something 'cheap' like a timing chain going
west... and I am hoping that it isn't the water pump dying (because the
water pump was NEW about 12 months ago).

A very nasty rattling (that changes with revs) coming from the front of
the engine.  I haven't had any time (it *is* late and I am very tired)
to check it out... but it sounds... awful.  It isn't clunking and the
engine didn't seem to be suffering any loss of power (it almost sounds
like a bit of metal loose somewhere.

No, from that sort of vague description I ain't looking for answers... I
just had to vent before trying to get some sleep with this new (possibly
expensive) hassle on my mind... and in this DAMN, HUMID AND OPPRESSIVE
HEAT!

Thank you,

Eric