Re: Brake light switches AND fluid problems

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake light switches AND fluid problems
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 20:41:10 -0800
Actually, I seem to recall that the knock on silicone is that it had a
lower boiling point, and that with hard driving and disk brakes, it could
potentially boil. Steam is highly compressible. For this reason it used
to be strongly recommended for show cars (safe for paint) and
contraindicated for race cars (obviously), with everyone in between free
to choose. Haven't heard this lately, perhaps newer formulations have
fixed this.

James H. Nazarian, Ph.D. had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149