Re: Brake light switches AND fluid problems

To: microdoc@apk.net
Subject: Re: Brake light switches AND fluid problems
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 13:17:59 EST
In a message dated 2/23/00 12:35:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
microdoc@apk.net writes:

<< Knowing that all LBC fans are environmentally aware prompts me to share a
 recycling tip: save all the old DOT 3 & 4 brake and clutch fluid from your
annual
 or semi-annual fluid purges. When the time comes to repaint your car you can
drag
 out your barrels of old fluid and use it as paint remover. Not only does it
work
 better, but you will save all the money you would have spend on Aero
stripper. It
 is very beneficial to your health that you won't be inhaling all those nasty
 carcinogenic aromatic hydrocarbons and solvents. >>

I hope that was tongue-in-cheek.  Brake fluid isn't volatile enough to be a
good paint remover.  After you remove the paint (which it does very well) you
have to then remove the brake fluid, which won't evaporate.

To chemically remove paint, buy a good respirator and some airplane stripper.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport