Wheels and Tires for 64 B

To: "mg list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wheels and Tires for 64 B
From: "Jonathan Lawrence" <jonl@maceng.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 14:59:25 -0800
I am seeking advice on wheels and tires for my 64 B which I am planning on
autocrossing this summer.  I recently switched from wires wheels to discs
(thanks for the advice Barney) and am know trying to determine what tires
and wheels to fit.  I am hoping that someone may have already been down this
road and could save me from potentially expensive mistakes.  Does anyone
know how much clearance is required between the tires and the wheel arch to
allow for lateral suspension flex when cornering hard ?

I would like to go to a 15 inch rim but I can not find R-rated tires less
than 205 mm wide - which I think is too wide for the car.  Therefore, it
looks like I will stick with 14 inch rims where I can 185 and 195 mm tires
no problem.  Does anyone know what wheel offsets would work with these size
of tires ?

Thanks for any input.
Jonathan Lawrence
64 MGB Roadster