Re: MG is reborn?

To: "Martin C. Jones" <M.C.Jones@staffs.ac.uk>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG is reborn?
From: Leckstein <bleckstein@mail.monmouth.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 18:20:40 -0500
At 03:26 PM 03/16/2000 +0000, Martin C. Jones wrote:
>BMW has today sold off the bits of Rover it doesn't want to
>a venture capital company. Below is a statement from that
>company. By the way the company in question has been
>involved in pubs and restaurants up to now. I don't want to
>get too cynical but.....

Wow!  Does anyone know if Land Rovers were part of the deal or are they
being retained by BMW.

The question is of interest to us, as there is an established Land Rover
dealership network, and thus a network for a U.S. MG import. If not, that
slope just got steeper. No matter how great the MGF or future model is, you
need a dealership network to sell and service.

As to a new company developing cars, yikes. Look at De Lorean and the tons
of money the British Govt. spent on that disaster.

I know this is sacrilage, but I hope GM or Ford buy this new company or MG
real fast, for only these two giants can hold on for this sleigh ride.

I will try to find out about Land Rover on the net,

Mike