RE: MG is reborn?

To: "'Leckstein'" <bleckstein@mail.monmouth.com>
Subject: RE: MG is reborn?
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 15:52:51 -0800
Some major concerns.  Rover supplied many of the parts used in our MGs.  A
lot of stuff had been discontinued, but you would be surprised at how much
stuff is still Rover.  A lot of the time you may not notice because it is
purchased in bulk without packaging.

The Moss Intl. problems combined with possible Rover supply problems is
going to make life very interesting in the short term.

For my mind I have a very nasty feeling that MG may end up on the shelf
right next to Plymouth.

Never trust a venture capitalist to produce a viable product.  Money is the
only product they work with.  Humans, products and assets are just a means
to an end.

sorry, I'm not feeling very optimistic.

Kelvin.

I see no good news here. The New MG Company expects big lay offs and the
unions are  already talking strike. Doesn't sound too good does it?

In 1980 the MG Company suddenly closed. It was like Rudolf Valentino dying.
It was sudden and unexpected, and  was at a time when it still made the
best inexpensive pure sport car in the world.

Now the bones have been dug up, not for what I am afraid is new glory, but
to profit on past fame while it dies an ugly terrible  second death. I hope
I am wrong.

I use silicon brake fluid, doesn't everybody?

Mike