Re: OD Wiring

To: MG Nuts <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: OD Wiring
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 13:25:55 -0800
Word on the street is that John H. Reynolds said:
> Skye,
> That's not where the solonoid is - you just described the lockout switch

Ah ha! That explains a lot. See, I have a 4sync+OD conversion in my 66 B
and I wasn't sure how the PO wired it up.

It appears that the soleniod is always on and they simply wired the
lockout switch to a rocker switch on the transmission tunnel which turns
the OD on and off.

Does this sound like it would work?

The downside being of course, don't turn the switch on in R/1/2 !!
I haven't done it yet, its not hard to remember to turn it off since I
only use it on the highway in 4th.

How did the lockout switch originally activate?

I would like to replace the tacky lighted rocker switch they mounted on
the tunnel with the proper "crooked" switch on the dash.  Would it be OK
to hard wire the lockout off and put the switch inline with the solenoid
power?  What's the "usual" way of wiring up these conversions?

Thanks
Skye

--
1966 MGB - GHN3L     Safety Fast!             __,__\__
The MGB Experience   http://www.mgb.bc.ca/   (_o____o_)