Re: OD Wiring

To: "Max Heim" <mvheim@studiolimage.com>, "Skye Poier" <skye@ffwd.com>,
Subject: Re: OD Wiring
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 19:23:34 -0000
Only the last three years of North American cars had o/d on 4th only, the
earlier cars (both D-type and LH-type) had it on 3rd and 4th.

Late North American cars with the TCSA switch had the o/d lockout switch
wired before the manual switch.

The o/d was always wired off the white (white/brown on ignition relay cars)
i.e. was unfused.  It is a good idea to fuse the circuit but putting it on
the green will take a lot of extra current through that already problematic
circuit.  A better bet would be to use an in-line fuse, but still 17A/35A
for commonality.

PaulH.