Re: Ignition

To: "MGB" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ignition
From: "Dave Wood" <djw69@idt.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 12:28:24 -0800
Max,

I have never taken my distributor out to change the points, maybe I'm
shorter than you.  I use a dwell meter and adjust while cranking.  Then put
the cap on and check while running.  I usually have to readjust a bit as the
cranking dwell and running dwell are a couple of degrees off and I forget
from one set of points to another how much to compensate for.  I just
purchased a Pertronix for my 72 B but haven't put it in yet.  Too many kids
cars to fix first.  I usually know to change points when my B doesn't start
within a couple of seconds of cranking.  I don't mind setting the points,
but thought the electronic ignition might make the old ragtop run a bit
better.

Dave 72 B