Re: Ignition

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ignition
From: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 16:00:59 -0500
R, Sexson said:

> I would like to know the best type of electronic ignation to install on my
> 74.5 B [25D distributor], or is it best to keep the points.

Even if you go to electronic ignition, keep a points and condensor set with
you at all times.  If the electronic ignition fails, you're SOL.  Pop in a
new points set and you'll have a good chance of being on your way.

I hated my electronic ignition, though it was a much older brand that is no
longer being made.  Since I replaced it, the car starts, immediately, cold
or warm on the first turn of the key.  The old system didn't behave that
well when it was functioning.  No difference in fuel economy, performance,
etc.

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget