Re: Ignition

To: "MGB" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ignition
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 14:42:01 -0800
Well, I am tall and have to bend over double, but mainly it's my
eyesight. I can't tell if the feeler gauge is going in straight or not --
if it's cocked and dragging I can wind up setting the gap way too wide.
Also I tend to drop the tiny screws which then vanish into the leaf
litter.

Possibly my negative atitude towards point adjustment can be traced to my
other vehicle. My Plymouth has a dual-point distributor mounted at the
center back of the V8, otherwise known as the "pole of inaccessibility".
In fact, you can barely reach the bolt which secures the distributor in
order to remove it. It would take a remote control miniature robot to
replace and adjust the points in position. Or you could remove the hood
and squat on the air cleaner, I suppose...

Dave Wood had this to say:

--

Max Heim