Re: Ignition

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ignition
From: JustBrits@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 21:13:56 EST
In a message dated 03/24/2000 12:16:33 PM Central Standard Time,
mvheim@studiolimage.com writes:

<<  but in my opinion the chief benefit of
 "pointless" ignition in the B is that it saves the hassle of removing and
 replacing the distributor. At least, I have always found it necessary to
 remove the distributor to replace and set the points (can't see 'em way
 down there in the engine bay, at least not well enough to measure to the
 nearest one-thousandth), and the distributor clamp bolts are a pain to
 get at, >>

Well, I was gonna stay outta this one Max, BUT............

Never had to 'pull' a Dizzy (hate that "term"<G>) to install/clearance points
on:

A-H 6 cylinder cars,
MGBs,
SPMs,
TR-3 thru 6,
or Chev 265, 289, 302, 327 or 350s.

SO, Enquiring minds NEED to know why an "expert" has a prob??

Geeeesh, it ain't Rocket Science!!

                 Ed

PS:  Oh yeah, I am a Distributor for Petronix!! (so?)