Re: Side Cover etc

To: neilc@apphosting.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Side Cover etc
From: REwald9535@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 10:44:25 EST
No, Neil it's not a crock.  The mesh acts as an oil air separator and as a
flame arrestor.  If the mesh were to get most or completely blocked, the blow
by would force itself out through the seals on the engine carrying LOTS of
oil with it.  I have removed transmissions and found rear main seals
completely blown out of place.
I would just make sure that the screen and pipe are as clean as they were
when they left the factory, no need to change IMHO.
Rick