Radios

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Radios
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 16:42:03 EST
<I've got the original AM radio in my '70 B, and I want to leave it
in, both for nostalgia and theft prevention.  However, I would like to have
atleast a CD player. >

I have done this on a couple of cars. In one, a Jensen with a Lear Jet 8
Track unit, I sawed off the front of the inoperative 8 track, hinged it, and
mounted a modern deck behind it. Looks stock.

On an MG, the best option IMHO is to mount a modern head unit (behind a
hinged blanking plate, if you worry about security), with a trunk mounted CD
changer. You only have to change the cartridge every 6 hours or so, which on
long trips handily exceeds the bladder capacity of navigators.

Bill S.
(who doesn't have a radio in the MGC as you couldn't hear it anyway!)