Name this part?

To: mgs list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Name this part?
From: Sheila Stokes-Begley <brigid@solve.net>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2000 22:46:06 -0500
If anyone is feeling brave, I am trying to figure out what this is.
O'Reilly Auto Parts doesn't know, nor does Family Center. One mechanic
in town thinks it is a flasher, but if it is, don't know what it would
be for. So, I found it under the dash, above the ciggie lighter, and
hazard flasher (it isn't the little square hazard flasher) it was
connected by a purple& green wire and a purple&pink wire. It was bolted
to the bottom of the dash with Phillips screw.  It is round, says Delco
Remy and mfd. Eng. I have a small .jpg image I can email if someone is
willing to try to guess what this thing is. It doesn't do my turn
signals, high beams, and the hazard one is a little square thing.
According to Haynes, I don't think it is there. So, if you care to guess
what the part is, email me, and I will mail you the little .jpg.
Thank you kindly,
Sheila
Millicent 1971 MGB-GT