Re: Distributor Wobble Question

To: MG Board <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Distributor Wobble Question
From: gbaker@customcpu.com (Baker, G.)
Date: Sat, 06 May 2000 21:53:03 -0800
Speaking of distributors,
     I've got a distributor that's 50 years old and never been kissed.
It wobbles and looks like shit (not being kind).  Has anyone sent their
Lucas out to be reconditioned and if so..........who to.
   On a different subject.
I was putting SUs together yesterday and noticed that when I was putting
the back stock air breather plate on my 56 MGA that both the carb flange
and the back plate had two holes just above the holes used to hold the
air breathers in place.  Anyone have any idea what these are for?
Thanks,
Baker