Re: Right Hand Drive in the US

To: tonymmedia@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Right Hand Drive in the US
From: randell s Kegg <rkegg@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 14:23:35 -0400
I have a RHD MGA. My experience is this:
Any parts that are unique to RHD cars will have to be ordered in the UK.
Moss USA does carry RHD speedo cables and Wiper arms, (for an A).
Ordering parts from the UK is no big deal. In fact, I find that the
quality is usually better and the price is low enough to almost justify
the shipping charges, (unless it is a big heavy item.) The truth is that
there are not that many RHD unique parts that are wear items. The
steering rack is probably the only large item that I can think of.

As for whether a RHD car is a good idea for a new driver..........
Only you can make that determination; you know your sons abilities.
Transitioning from RHD to LHD is not a big deal for me, but for some
people it is intimidating. In the end, I really like having RHD cars,
they are fun to drive.

Randy Kegg