Right Hand Drive in the US

To: The MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Right Hand Drive in the US
From: "Brinkman, Gerardo V" <GB127167@exchange.DAYTONOH.NCR.com>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 09:12:47 -0400
I used to drive throughout Europe in a RHD car and then
drive back to the UK. Never had a problem. I now have both
LHD and RHD drive cars here in the US and I also has
never been a problem, except for :

1 Paying tolls (this is NJ!!)
2 Over taking on a country road

I'd say go for it, I think it would make you a better driver because you
have to be slightly more attentive when driving a RHD car here. You
are aware of you position on the road, you have to remember that the
gearstick is on the right side, and you have to look over you left
shoulder to over take (The pass. mirror does give a good perspective).

The up side is you get some really strange looks from people, especially
when you wife is reading a newspaper while cruising at 80mph. I also notice
that people are slightly more courteous to me when driving, I don't know
if that's because they want to get behind me to get a better look at the car
or
not.

gerry