Re: Vanity Plates

To: Geoffrey Gallaway <geoffeg@sloth.org>
Subject: Re: Vanity Plates
From: "James H. Nazarian, Ph.D." <microdoc@apk.net>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 08:50:28 -0400
Geoff,

When discussing Ohio, remember that all rule can be discarded should the
authorities chose to do so.
* How much longer does it take to to get vanity plates?
I have been told "about 30 days longer".
* If you didn't have plates for the car previously, can you drive on some
kind of temp tags or a regular loaned plate while waiting for the vanity
plates?
You should be able to buy temporary "tags" good for 30 days, assuming all your
papers are in order. You will need your title, your driver's license and some
money.
* Are vanity plates unique to a state or to the US? If someone in Colorado
has "70MGBGT" and I want the same letters in Ohio, am i screwed?
You are not affected in Ohio, by what plates have been issued in other states.

* How much extra do they cost?
The BMV can give you the current price.
* What else do I need to know?
What number will win the lottery next week.

Jim