RE: Octain booster and compression ratios

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Octain booster and compression ratios
From: Gordon Bird <gb@the-bdc.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 08:56:47 -0400
> (Does John
> Twist have an
> opinion on this?)

Indeed he does.  I asked him recently WRT running on of my high compression
1622.  He said that it might help, but that it only lasts a couple of hours
due to evaporation.  Told me to put some in a cup and see how long it lasts.
So, I tried it with some 104+ and 24 hrs later it was still there.
Don't know what conclusion to draw from this, either the boost is no good,
or Twist is wrong.  IMO both are equally plausible. ;^)
In the meantime I will continue to use both a lead additive and octane
boost.  One day I hope to find someone who sells real 104 octane racing
fuel.  I'll run a tank of that and see what happens.

Gordie Bird
62 MGA
80 MGB
86 Audi 4kq