Re: 1954 MGTF 1500 RHD - Its Alive!!!! :-)

To: Kevin & Deana Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Subject: Re: 1954 MGTF 1500 RHD - Its Alive!!!! :-)
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 14:13:11 -0500
  That's a stirring story.  Congrats.  Another classic sports car back
on the road!

  It makes my little tale pale by comparison but I'm still ecstatic.  I
got my '69 B Tourer started up a week ago last Tuesday after a major
engine and drivetrain rebuild.  The only things not new in the engine
are the head, block, crank, flywheel and con rods.  So I take it out for
a road test and it runs strong.  Yippee!  On the way home the left front
brake decides to lock up.  I open the bleed fitting on the caliper and
the brake releases.  Sneaked home with minimal use of the  the brakes.
So I get a caliper from Fisher Jones the next day, JIC, and on the way
back from his place the alternator dies.  It's the one that was on the
car when I bought it two years ago.  So inna morning I order brake hoses
from CarQuest and an alternator from AutoZone.  Can't get all this stuff
'til Friday morning.  So I call the Stagecoach Inn in Salado, TX and
change my reservation to Friday PM.  Friday morning I'm at CarQuest when
they open.  Went home and replaced the plugged hose, bled the brake.
Then at 11 AM AZ calls, "Your alternator is here, Charley."  By 12:30
it's on there and the B is ready to go.  Another Yippee!!  Throw some
clothes in a bag, take a shower and off we go to the MG GoF at Salado.
Her Majesty hummed up there, hummed thru the Rallye, and hummed home the
following Sunday.  What a way to break in a rebuilt engine!  Got about
400 miles on it now.

  Had a great time at the GoF, met a lot of folks and drooled over some
beautiful MGs.  Lotsa $$, lotsa work and worth every bit of it.  Now for
some Texas Hill Country drives.

  Cheers,

  CR

  Now, for those TX Hill Country drives.