Re: Aluminum heads

To: <REwald9535@aol.com>, "MGB" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Aluminum heads
From: "Dave Wood" <djw69@idt.net>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 19:29:55 -0700
Thanks for the information.  I'm used to working on old iron heads and this
difficulty of removing a plug has never happened to me before.  I already
put the plugs in, but I think I will purchase a thread chaser and remove the
new plugs and clean the threads and put on some anti-seize.  A mechanic just
dropped by my house to leave his daughter with my daughter and son-in-law
and he said the same thing as you.  I am very careful about starting any
bolts/plugs in anything as I learned the hard way many years ago that
forcing something on usually results in a problem.

Thanks to you and all for the valuable info.

Dave 72 B