Re: Fashion Gods Dictate Terminal Ugliness

To: kris.chronister@fuelna.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fashion Gods Dictate Terminal Ugliness
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 16:19:43 EDT
In a message dated 5/26/00 3:15:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kris.chronister@fuelna.com writes:

<< So now I will step up for flaming by giving our final area of disagreement.
 I consider the B (particularly the BGT) the worst looking car of any MG ever
 designed. MASSIVE aesthetic step down from the A. Appearance is bulbous,
 heavy, amazingly ponderous looking for such a small car... Not at all
 comparable with the TR6, which was a much better iteration of the
 rounder/streamlined look of that era. (And I'm an MG buff saying that!). I
 consider it the second-worst-looking LBCar on record -- after the TR7. Yeah,
 I see how many are out there lovingly kept and restored and realize I'm in a
 minority, but hey, free speech, ya' know.  >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hummm, I like the looks of the TR-7, but only the roadster.  The
coupe is no good.  I also like the B, but not as much as the Midget.
My favorite would have to be the MGA roadster.  No question that it
is one of the most pleasant looking cars ever made, along with the
Jag XK-120.

There are loads of opinions out there.  No flames from me on this
post.  Just keep them all on the road.  Now that guy who posted
about the Plymouth Volare can just ...

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget