Re: Fashion Gods Dictate Terminal Ugliness

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fashion Gods Dictate Terminal Ugliness
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 13:45:16 -0700
Boy, you really are asking for it! I mean, this is the MGB list! But as I
noted earlier, styling is a subjective trait. For example, I don't see
how you can possibly call a TR6 "round" or "streamlined" -- it's almost a
perfect shoebox -- totally blunt front and rear, vertical flat sides --
the only curves are the top and bottom of the grill opening, and the
wheel cut-outs! And you call a B, which has a beltline about 12 inches
lower, "ponderous"???? Maybe you should have that astigmatism looked at.
; )

Actually, I like the TR6, but not because it's "streamlined" -- because
it's brutish and "manly", and has big tall wheels that fill the openings.
But if you're going to pick on an LBC for its looks, you should probably
start with the Daimler SP250...

It just goes to show, to each his own...

Kristian Chronister had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149