Re: Anybody notice a lot of hostility in the air lately?

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Anybody notice a lot of hostility in the air lately?
From: "DENNIS COX" <djc@appsig.com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 13:40:34 -0700
I may be guilty of this one somewhat.  But after my Inquire raised the ire of
some listers I got quite.  I got the impression that some where very offended or
apauled by the mention of mixing high octane leaded gas in your tank. Or driving
fast.  Or tweaking as much HP out of you engine as you can.  That they had to
jump up on there soap box and condemn such activities.  There are a lot of
people on this list with many different skill levels and ideas of what there MG
should be.  I love going to shows and meets and seeing an absolute perfect
example of an MG as it would of looked coming off the assembly line as well as
one capable of outrunning a Mustang and even the rust bucket held together by
spit and bailing wire the owner drives everyday.  I did get some knowledgeable
replies on how octane works and it's effect on performance.  And to those people
I want to say thank you.  And a BIG thanx to Laurie and and the other
knowledgeable people on here.  And specially Kelvin for stepping in and helping
solve issues with our favorite parts distributer.  And no, I dont think I went
to far with my mods.. In fact.. I plan on taking it up another notch on the
performance scale.  And, I'm not young..  I'm an old fart..  I quess thats
relitive.. Someone in there 60's or older might think I'm young.  <bg>

Dennis Cox

67 MGB