Re: Fashion Gods Dictate Terminal Ugliness

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fashion Gods Dictate Terminal Ugliness
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 22:25:25 -0700
Car style is based on the following points

1) Vehicle manufactures must keep their average fleet fuel
mileages at a certain level (CAFE).

2) Vehicle manufactures make way more money on SUVs and trucks.

3) The lower the drag factor the better the mileage.

5) Cars can be made to have lower drag factors than trucks.

6) The lowest drag factors are derived from the lowly rain drop.

7) The more you deviate from the the rain drop's shape the
greater the drag.

8) Ergo, all cars look alike.

Ugly cars:  The big finned Caddys. There was another one in the
late 80's early 90's with the real sloping rear deck.  It kind of
looked like an Avanti's rear.

TR3 along with the Bugeye which looked alot better WITHOUT the
front bumpers.  Best TR: 4, 4a, and 5.  If I wasn't broke working
on MGs I'd want a TR4A with the surrey top.

Blake