Can't get freeze plug fitted

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Can't get freeze plug fitted
From: BobMGT@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 17:24:47 EDT
I'm trying to install the big freeze plug on the side of the XPAG engine on
my TD (the one just below the manifolds). I thought they were installed by
smacking the plug dome with a hammer causing it to expand. (Is this right?)
The new plug is so thick and tough that I can't get it to dent. I'm afraid to
hit it any harder for fear of breaking the block. Am I doing something wrong?
Can those things be glued in with J-B Weld?

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336