Re: windshield repair-Reply

Subject: Re: windshield repair-Reply
From: "Scotty" <scotty@dove.net.au>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 09:41:29 +0930
OnTuesday, May 30, 2000 Joseph  wrote

> My wife found a kit for repairing stone chips in the windshield. It
> involves a suction cup and syringe set up to suck the air out of >the chip
and inject a clear resin. Has anyone had any success >with this sort of
thing? If it matters, it's a round chip that isn't >spreading. Thanks in
advance.

Around eight years ago, I had our local windscreen guy repair the windshield
on the MGB-LE with this suction cup and resin system.  The damage was both a
'star crack' and a 'hole' both are hard to see after the repair and I have
had no further problems with  the repaired damage.   Cleaning the damaged
area as per his instructions is essential for a good repair.  He was the
inventor of the system, so he told me, and, was at the time negotiating
some kind of distribution deal.  YMMV.

Usual disclaimers, etc.

Scotty,
Adelaide, Australia.