Choosing a carb for a '79B

To: "Majordomo@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Choosing a carb for a '79B
From: "David G.Butcher" <dbutcher@foam.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 09:45:24 -0700
Hi all.
I'd like to replace my stock ZS carb to improve power, reliability, fuel
economy and emissions (why not ask for everything?).  My car is a daily driver
and I need to pass our local air emission test when all is said and done.
So far I've heard everything -- twin HS4's, twin HS6's, single Weber downdraft.
 I think the only consensus at this point is the dual Weber sidedraft
conversion wil probably not allow me to pass emissions, so I've ruled that out.
I don't have first hand experience with any of these configurations.  Any
insight, advice, comments will be very appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave
1979 MGB